Monday, March 18, 2013

Striped and Plain (With free printable)


Z and I have been enjoying A Mother For Choco almost every night for the last 2 months. The first time we read it though, we came across the mention of striped feet and I wasn't sure if she understood the concept of striped so I decided to set up an activity for her ( I love how Montessori encourages you to recognize and make use of any learning opportunity!)

I took an index card and cut it into half, then drew stripes with a marker on the blank side of one half and left the other half blank. I then did a quick 3 period lesson on striped and plain with Z.



The next day while Z was at school, I quickly collected a few item from around the house for her to sort, I also got some cards ready for her to sort.



If you would like the printable please click here

(Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, all images used in the printable are public domain, mostly taken from Wikimedia Commons. Please do not host this file on your website , if you'd like to share this file please link back to this blogpost and not directly to the pdf. Thanks!)


Linking up with:

 Montessori Monday 


4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely printables! I featured your post as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/free-printable-of-the-day/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! We like that book too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a sweet book? Tears me up at the end very time we read it :)

      Delete