Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sea Shells (+ Free Printable)


Z is 2 years 7 months old.



Z has recently become interested in the seashells that I got for her ages ago, so I've taken them out and placed them in a basket on her shelf. We've been going through Andrew Cleave's book on seashells. It's a nice coffee table book with beautiful pictures of seashells, I got a brand new copy 5 years ago when it was on sale in Jarir for only 9 Riyals (about $2.5) ; )





Since she was eagerly matching the shells to the corresponding pictures in the book, I thought I would make some cards for her using pictures from Google images, while I was at it, I thought I might as well make them into 3 part cards so that we can use them later for classification.


You can download the whole set of 26 cards  here

Transferring activity


Trying to get her interested in counting , though she couldn't care less : (


Get the 3-part seashell cards here!


I am linking to Montessori Monday at Living Montessori Now. Go there and check out some other great Montessori activities!




5 comments:

  1. I love your seashell activities ... you did a wonderful job preparing them! I'm so glad you linked up with Montessori Monday. (If you could add the Montessori Monday button or link back, that would be awesome!) I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and added your post link to my Montessori-Inspired Ocean Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/06/16/montessori-inspired-ocean-unit-for-summer-learning-and-fun/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great ideas! I'd love to do something like this this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards, I used them week in our Hermit Crab theme as part of our sensory box. http://chestnutgroveacademy.blogspot.com/2012/12/preschool-wrap-up-week-16_14.html#.UMwSlm9ZWSo Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, post actually doesn't go up till next Saturday...I got a step ahead of myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for your comment...glad that you found the cards useful! Do let me know when you post and I'll check it out.

      Delete